FAST TRACK YOUR CAREER IN THE YACHTING INDUSTRY!
So you'd like to get a job as a crew member on a yacht? Awesome. Working on a yacht is one of the best ways to travel the world, earn cash, and live on a floating palace on the water (for free!)
The process of uprooting your entire life to pursue a job in the yachting industry can be daunting…
- What do you need to do to get started?
- Where do you go to apply for jobs?
- How do you craft a professional CV and land interviews?
- How do you gain an edge and stand out above the rest in a competitive job market if you have no prior experience?
I'm going to help you eliminate the guesswork so that you gain a competitive advantage, and increase your chances of getting hired as efficiently and effortlessly as possible!
In The Yacht Job Handbook, I'll walk you through the entire process of getting a job on a yacht. I’m going to break down this process into a step-by-step formula that will serve as a roadmap to help fast-track your career so that you can start getting paid to live, work, and travel the world on a luxurious yacht.
Your new life is waiting for you…
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
HOW TO LAND YOUR FIRST JOB ON A YACHT WITH NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Gain insight into the yachting industry, how it works, and decide whether or not it’s right for you.
- Overview of worldwide work eligibility and requirements to help you figure out whether you are legally, physically, and mentally ABLE to work on a yacht.
- A step-by-step process for how to begin creating your strategic plan of action that will help you execute a smooth transition, and get hired as quickly and effortlessly as possible.
- Maximize your efficiency and make the most of your time and energy while job hunting and networking so that you gain an edge in the competitive job market
- Gain experience in the industry, and get acquainted with various types of yachts, positions, and how to perform basic tasks and impress employers
- Learn how to prepare for an interview; the traits and skills that most yachts look for in new crew, and how to respond to the most common interview questions
- Transition seamlessly from land to sea, and mentally prepare yourself for life as a yachtie
- Gain an understanding of everyday tasks you’ll likely be doing as a newbie, and discover techniques for doing them effectively
- Avoid getting fired or making embarrassing and costly mistakes that are common amongst greenhorns
I'm Baker Manning. I’m a deckhand on Bravo’s reality TV show Below Deck, and I’m also the creator of The Yacht Job Handbook Series, which gives potential crew insight about what it’s really like to work on a yacht, and information and techniques to help increase their chances of getting a job as quickly as possible, and keeping it!
I created these courses and guides because I want to help you succeed! Teamwork makes the dream work! We’re in this together. Consider me your coach, your cheerleader, your team captain; whatever floats your boat!
Check out my website BakerManning.com for more information and resources!
No matter where you start from, we all have to take the same general route and pass through the same waypoints and checkpoints to get from point A to Sea. It usually looks something like this:
1. GET INSPIRED
2. RELOCATE TO A YACHTING HUB
3. COMPLETE TRAINING
5. BEGIN DAY WORKING
7. GET HIRED
As with any journey, there's usually more than one way to arrive at your destination...
Some people like to take the most efficient way, and then there are people like me… Let’s just say I took the “scenic route.” If you follow my journey on the map from point A to Sea- it’s easy to see that I swerved off course just about every step of the way.
Although I did eventually reach my destination, I left a lot of mistakes in my wake. I could have saved myself a lot of time, effort, money, and embarrassment if I had been more strategic, and used the proper knowledge, tools, and techniques to propel me forward.