TOP THINGS TO DO
TOP THINGS TO DO FOR YOUR CHARLESTON BACHELORETTE PARTY
So by now, you should have figured out the vibe of your bride tribe, so it’s time to start planning your weekend! Below I’ve put together a list of the top choices for things to do for your 2019 Charleston SC Bachelorette Party.
GET IN *FORMATION* W/ A BEYONCE STYLE DANCE CLASS
Get in *formation* & slay like Beyonce with a DivaDance Party!
- DivaDance is a sexy, sweaty, stress-free dance experience, inspired by hip-hop & pop music- from Beyonce, Britney, Bieber, and more crowd-pleasing options.
- We'll teach you easy-to-learn choreography for all levels, no professional dance experience necessary!
- Swag. Strut. Slay. Come with your squad and be prepared to let your hair down for an hour of pure fun!
- You and your squad will feel like back up dancers in a music video by the time you leave.
- Upgrade your party and add on champagne, cupcakes, feather boas, videography, hair/makeup, and squad gear.
OK ladies, this is my #1 choice for bachelorette party ideas in Charleston because DivaDance is MY JAM! I launched DivaDance Parties Charleston in December 2018 and it's SO FUN... Trust me, DivaDance is not "basic"- this is LEGIT! >>Click Here<< to this article to learn why DivaDance Parties are the best new experience in Charleston. Follow us on Instagram- @DivaDancePartiesCHS
Forreal though- if your squad decides to throw a DivaDance Party in Charleston your host/instructor will be ME-Baker Manning! (Or Chelsea!) We're stoked to party with all y'all this year! So call me...maybe?
GET SALTY, SWEATY & SANDY AT THE BEACH!
Kicking it on the Beach with a group of friends is one of the best ways to spend the day in Charleston, and not to mention it’s the best hangover care! The Top 3 Charleston SC beaches for a bachelorette weekend getaway are Folly Beach, Sullivans Island, or Isle of Palms. Each beach has it’s own unique vibe, so you can find the perfect hot spot for your bride squad to post up. My personal favorite and top choice is Folly Beach so I’ll elaborate.
Folly Beach SC
Folly Beach SC is a great beach for Charleston SC bachelorette and bachelor parties who want to max and relax, have some fun in the sun, party, or surf. There are plenty of Folly Beach restaurants and bars all centrally located on Center Street which is also near the popular oceanfront hotel called Tides Folly Beach.
- Tides Folly Beach
- Post up on the beach behind Tides Folly Beach- where you can grab some dranks' at Blu which is the only beachside bar on Folly. There’s almost always live music or DJ’s all day on the weekends and on holidays.
- Kayaking Charleston SC
- Go on a kayaking or Paddle-boarding excursion with SUP Safari’s to tone up that beach bod, or burn off that epic brunch!
- Folly Beach Surfing
- Check out the Folly Beach Cam to see if there is any good surf, if so give it a go! OR just post up at “The Washout”- one of the best known Folly Beach Surfing spots- to watch all the hottie surfer brahs rip it, while you sit back and enjoy the eye candy.
- Folly Beach Bike Rentals
- Cruise the whole town and cover some ground- hit up Folly Beach Bike Rentals or even snag a golf cart and check out the Morris Island Lighthouse and the Folly Beach County Park.
- Go Paddleboarding w/SUP Safaris- highly recommended!
- Charter a Boat
- Go For a Booze Cruise
- Fishing Charters
- Sailing Excursions
- Sunset Cruises + Dolphin Sighting
Sullivans Island SC
Sullivan’s is more of a laid back, older crowd, and a lot of locals. There are hardly ever any waves, but the beach/shore is much longer and it’s a great place to kiteboard and windsurf.
- Catch Some Air!
- Go Kiteboarding at Windsurfing at Sullivans Island Public Beach, or just go post up at 28 ½ block to watch other people do it- it can be very captivating!
- Visit Fort Moultrie.
- Take some sweet pics at Sullivan’s Island Lighthouse.
Isle of Palms Charleston SC
Isle of Palms SC (AKA IOP) is definitely a family-oriented beach, with lots of kids, and really strict police. It's also the farthest distance from downtown historic Charleston- about a 20-30 drive (without traffic.) However, the Windjammer can be fun, and the Wild Dunes Resort has a great spa and golf course.
- Day Drink @ The Windjammer
- Day drink, play volleyball, see some live music, or go to a bikini contest at The Windjammer Isle of Palms, they have great daytime beach parties on weekends in the summertime.
- Treat Yo'self w/a spaliday
- Treat Yo’self at Wild Dunes Resort Isle of Palms SC.
TOUR AND EXPLORE DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON
Even if you decide to stay at one of the beaches for your Charleston SC bachelorette party, at some point you need to check out downtown Charleston! Everything in the historic district is within walking distance, so depending on your #squadgoals - your bride tribe can pick a few interesting spots and roll, stroll, post, toast, do some sightseeing or just stick to day drinking...
Roll or Stroll To Charleston’s Top Attractions
Millions of tourists flock to Charleston every year to admire its old architecture and learn about it’s history. Not you guys, you’re here to party… and maybe pass some cool looking buildings as you walk from bar to bar. However, If you want to have the full Charleston experience, I do recommend a leisurely stroll- or better yet a breezy “roll” to some of Charleston top attractions.
- Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge
- King Street, the Market
- Waterfront or Riverfront Park Charleston SC
- Rainbow Row
- The Charleston Battery Park
- Charleston Aquarium
- Go on a Scavenger Hunt
Charleston SC Walking Tours
You’re coming to town for a bachelorette party, so obviously you should look into the more PG-13 rated walking tours… The tours listed below will take you down intriguing routes, and you’ll learn about the darker side of Charleston’s scandalous past.
- Walk and Talk Charleston - highly recommended!
- Charleston Haunted Tours
- Charleston Pirate Tours
- Charleston Culinary Tours
Bike Rentals Charleston SC
In my opinion, biking is the best way to get around downtown Charleston in the day time, you can cover so much more ground on a bike! Also, it’s hawt’’ as hell in the summer time, (not in a good way) so that’s why I prefer biking to walking- you can beat the sweltering heat, or at least minimize the amount of time you subject yourself to it… So take yourselves on a bicycle tour of downtown Charleston, or cruise around at the beach. Stay tuned for recommended bike routes that I will publish soon!
- Bike Trails Charleston SC
- Affordabike Rental Shop
- Holy Spokes
- Folly Beach Bicycle Rentals
- Bike Trails Charleston SC
Put Some South In Yo’ Mouth!
I’m not talkin’ about saying y’all, and “bless your heart” and all of that other slang with a twang, I’m talking about stuffing your face at the countless local restaurants and bars here in Charleston that serve delicious southern cuisine and tasty “dranks” that you can’t find or beat anywhere else.
- Shrimp and Grits
- Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka
- Oysters and Oyster Shooter
- Frogmore Stew
Charleston Brewery Tours
- Revelry Brewery
- Freehouse Brewery
- Tradesman Brewery
- Palmetto Charleston because
- Holy City Brewery
Hit Up One of the Charleston SC Rooftop Bars
- Cocktail Club
- The Pourhouse
- Bohemian Hotel
- Carolina Ale House
BOOK A CUSTOMIZED DRINKING OR ADVENTURE TOUR W/ CRAFTED TRAVEL
- Sippin’ Wadmalaw Island Tour
- Firefly Vodka
- Angel Oak Tree Charleston SC
- Charleston Distillery Tour
- Charleston Breweries Tour
- Charleston Pub Crawl and History Tour
- Zipline and Breweries Tour
- Party Bus Packages or Upgrades
GO HYDROBOARDING WITH CHARLESTON HYDROFLY
This is one of my top choices for things to do for a Charleston, SC bachelorette party! It’s a great way to spend the day. Hydrofly Watersports is located on the Ashley River/Brittlebank Park- which is right downtown, so it’s super easy to get to if you’re staying there. There’s a little floating Tiki Hut with lots of floats and water toys so you and your friends can kick it while you take turns getting your lesson and flying around. It’s a blast!
HAVE SOME FUN IN THE SUN AT SHEM CREEK CHARLESTON
This is a beautiful little creek in Mount Pleasant, lined with bars and restaurants. You can rent kayaks, paddle boards, and other water toys from here and explore the tidal creeks.
- Shem Creek Kayak and Paddle Boarding
- Go For Brunch or Happy Hour at one of the many Shem Creek Restaurants
- Great place to go for brunch, happy hour, or just to catch the sunset.
GET CRAFTY & CREATIVE W/ LOCAL CLASSES AND WORKSHOPS
- Flower Crown Parties by Fetes de Fleurs
- Wine & Design
- Candle Making
- Basket Weaving
- Culinary Classes
- Barre South - Charleston's finest boutique studio!
TREAT YO’SELF AT ONE OF THE BEST SPAS IN CHARLESTON SC
- Indulge Yourselves At One Of The Best Spas in Charleston SC
- Earthling Day Spa
- Belmond Charleston Place Spa
- Zendulgence Salon and Spa
- Mylkbar Nail Salon
- Get manis and pedis while sipping champagne at Mylkbar- my favorite nail salon in Charleston!
- Blo Blowdry Bar
- Get glammed up with a blowout at Blo Blow Dry Bar.
- Prevent that imminent hangover by getting an IV treatment at VidaFlo.